Thursday, January 31, 2013

Desperate Measures by Cindy Cromer - 2012 Sharp Writ Book Awards Winner: Mystery / Thriller

From the Sharp Writ Book Awards judges:


  • WOW! This is a fast moving and very well written thriller! It is scary to me, but so great that now I cannot stop reading it. I started it this morning and am already 1/3 way done. It is around 400 pages and each one is so great that I want to read more and more. 
  • This is a fabulous read, a pot-boiler with terrific plotting. Could NOT put this down. Alas, the dialogue is stilted at times. There are egregious issues, some just in the realm of bad proofreading and others in the realm of grammar, tense, etc.  Nonetheless, a terrific read. 
  • I am so pleased that, by simple chance, this was book was my last review of the year. This novel is top quality, and the best fiction I've read this year. If I could award more than the highest score, this book would receive such a rating. I will be recommending this work to my fiction loving friends. 


Review by Cher Green, author of 'Escape to Love' and 'Seduced by Darkness.'  (review submitted by author)

"Cindy Cromer debuts with a real page turner. Just when you think you’ve figured it all out, a new twist appears and sends you in another direction. Keep guessing, but you’ll never guess who the villain is." .... 


advertisement
looking for a copywriter in Denver area? Look no more! try Michelle Lopez. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled to have received this award. When I wrote Desperate Measures I wasn't sure I'd ever obtain a traditional publishing contract let alone win such an award with glowing reviews. I'm thankful I persevered through the rejection letters and continued on to write my second novel, Desperate Deceptions and plot out my third and fourth mystery novels.

    I extend my sincerest gratitude to the judges who reviewed Desperate Measures and deemed it worthy of this award.

    Cindy Cromer
    www.cindyhuefnercromer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    Congrats on all of your success.

    ReplyDelete